Student Business Services
P.O. Box 1675
MAIN Suite 104
Galveston, Texas 77553
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Closed on University holidays
We accept debit card and check payments for:
- Tuition and fees
- Optional fees posted to the student account in Compass:
- Parking Violations
- Athletic tickets
- Returned checks
- Other charges posted to the student account in Compass
- Loan payments
- Fee payments can be made online 24 hours a day by selecting "MyAccount" in the Howdy portal. The "MyAccount" link is located in the "Billing Services" channel of the "My Finances" tab. Online payments can be made by electronic check for no fee or by credit card (convenience fees apply — 2.25% of transaction). Texas A&M Galveston does not accept Visa as payment for tuition and fees.
If a student finds themselves in an issue related to application of University Student Fiscal Policy, such as excess hours, click on the link to access an explanation of the Student Fiscal Appeal Process and an application for appeal.
Forms of Payment
The cashier accepts payments for tuition and fees and also handles all campus wide financial transactions. Acceptable forms of payment at the cashier booth are cash and check only. Payment by credit or debit card and e-checks can be made online through the student's Howdy Portal. We accept MasterCard, Discover and American Express online only for tuition, fees, citations and/or application fees. Visa may only be used for citations and/or application fees. A convenience fee of 2.25% is charged for all credit card transactions. Other acceptable forms of payment include cashier checks, money orders, ACH and Wire Transfers payable to Texas A&M University Galveston.
The Federal Government has made changes to the student refund process. As a result, Wells Fargo can no longer issue refunds to students. Texas A&M University has selected a new vendor to provide this service - Heartland/ECSI. We have worked with Heartland/ECSI for a number of years with other services and are confident they can provide refund services to students. Students may receive refunds for many different reasons, such as financial aid, dropped classes, withdrawal, housing, or general deposit refunds.
This change goes into effect on July 1, 2016. Each student will be required to register with Heartland. If you are…
- An incoming Freshman or Transfer student beginning classes this fall, you will need to register with Heartland/ESCI, even if you recently registered with Wells Fargo.
- An existing student you are likely already registered with Wells Fargo. You will still need to register with Heartland/ESCI.
Students will not need to change their existing banking relationships. Heartland will be able to direct refunds to the students’ financial institution of choice.
As of June 14, 2016, Heartland/ECSI began notifying students via e-mail of the need to register for direct deposit. This e-mail provides instructions for registering and includes your “Heartland key” needed to complete the registration process. In addition, students need to know their bank routing information (available on most bank websites) and their account number.
How to Set Up Direct Deposit with Heartland ESCI to Receive Your Refund
What you will need:
- Heartland Key sent to your Texas A&M University email account. This key is unique for each student to keep things secure.
- Bank Routing & Account Number. This can be found on your checks or bank statement.
What to do:
- Login tohttps://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/signIn. Be sure and use Google Chrome browser.
- Register by creating your own profile. Make sure and setup a unique login and password.
- Setup the account you want your refund to go to using your Heartland key to join your account with the university.
Don’t have an email or think you may have deleted?
- Contact Heartland ECSI Customer Service at 1-855-250-3230 to request that your Heartland key be resent
- Heartland will request the following information from you in order to resend your secure key:
- Texas A&M University Email Address
- Date of Birth; Phone Number; Mailing Address
- Howdy.tamu.edu and My Finances tab also have a link to Heartland ECSI to set up your profile and refund information
- Heartland ECSI Customer Service phone number is 1-855-250-3230; their hours of operation are 8:00am to 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Texas Guaranteed Tuition Fund (formerly the Texas Tomorrow Fund)
To get answers for your questions regarding your 1098-T, please visit payroll.tamu.edu.
The 1098-T Forms and Details will be available by end of January. Students will receive an email informing them that the form and details have been loaded into Howdy.
If you cannot find the answers needed to your questions, email form1098T@tamu.edu.